February 10, 2011 at 4:20 am | General | No comment

Now I have a couple of sites, they all pretty much run on IPv4. Since there’s been a bit of stuff on the news about IPv4 being exhausted of addresses, and world IPv6 day (http://isoc.org/wp/worldipv6day) and since I’ve woken up too early and can’t go back to sleep I’ve decided to get some of my sites working on IPv6.

Getting my /64 of IPv6 addresses to work wasn’t too painful. Getting them to work with apache wasn’t too painful either. Adding the DNS records, not hard. Does it all work, seems so. Only problem I have is that I can’t use any of it. Doesn’t seem to work on the UWE network which really does suck.

Failed UWE + IPv6Nonetheless, I’ve got some sites working.

  • ipv6.riotnet.co.uk – basically riotnet.co.uk, my project and online portal.
  • ipv6.wqdb.org – Worms Quote Database

There are also some sites I can’t get to work or won’t work unless I change certain stuff

  • For flupl to work, I need to recode certain stuff so that IPv6 links would work. Once I get it working, it would be ipv6.flupl.com and 6.flupl.be for shorter links. I’m working (when I have spare time) on redoing the links bit anyway
  • TwitterBar will eventually get it’s own domain working. This is something I would like to develop further, once I get spare time and my head around the twitter OAuth API. For now, I’m leaving it be.

I will switch everything on world IPv6 day (8 June 2011) to IPv6, shouldn’t be too hard to do.

February 10, 2011 at 4:20 am | General | No comment

Comments are closed.